Camp cooking: Buffalo Chicken and Rice
Recipe type: Camping Dinner
Here’s a quickie Buffalo Chicken Recipe with Rice – a simple meal that can be part of your menu or saved in your gear box, mostly, for the next time you go camping and the fish are not cooperating.
- 1 envelope flavored rice. We like Knorr Buffalo Chicken version.
- 1 can chicken breast – Aldi’s works. All breast meat 12.5 oz. for under $2
- 1 Red Pepper (can be green or yellow)
- 1 medium Onion
- Dice the onion and pepper, sauté briefly in a 3 quart pan
- Add rice and liquid according to the recipe on the envelope.
- Use the liquid from the canned chicken for the liquid, adding water to get the required amount,
- Cut the chunks of chicken breast into bite-size pieces and simmer until the rice is done.
- That’s it! Easy-peasy. This recipe will feed 2 hungry campers. We keep the chicken and Knorr Buffalo Chicken Rice mix on hand in the camp kitchen box. It comes in handy when one of our planned meals (fresh-caught fish) doesn’t quite work out the way we planned. Most of our meals require a pepper and onion, so they are usually available in our food box.